Dear Wine Lover,
We are pleased to announce that James River Cellars' Wine Club is up and sailing, as of February 2013! Don't miss the boat on this exciting and stress-free opportunity, designed to casually introduce all degrees of wine lovers to recurring shipments of quality Virginia wine, as we move away from settling for mass production.
There is NO SIGN-UP FEE, and while we encourage Club members to maintain their status for at least one full-year cycle, there is no penalty for cancelling or placing your membership on hold for one or two shipments, with no charge or rollover. Your membership to the James River Cellars Wine Club should never be a burden upon you.
Upon sign-up, each member will immediately be eligible for club-level discounts, which can be directly applied to your day-of purchase in our Tasting Room. Each member also exercises the right to pick up each wine shipment directly from the Tasting Room, bypassing payment of shipping to residence or business.
Level 1 (Half-Mast) - $43 + tax & shipping / quarter
- 3 bottles per each shipment (quarterly, or every 3 months) of alternating wines
- 2 stem-less JRC wineglasses at time of initiation
Level 2 (Full-Sail) - $80 + tax & shipping / quarter
- 6 bottles per each shipment (quarterly, or every 3 months) of alternating wines
- 2 stemmed JRC wineglasses at time of initiation
Both levels are entitled to:
- Member-only availability of winemaker-select wines, such as our various Cabernet Sauvignon, Touriga, and Petit Verdot vintages
- 5% discount off 1 bottle, 10% off 3, 15% off 6, and 20% off of a case – ALWAYS
- Free tastings upon returning to the Tasting Room with your JRC wineglasses
- Coupons and discounts applicable for respective events in each shipment
- Winery newsletter (suggested food pairings, recipes, detailed notes concerning each wine, JRC events, and local RVA happenings
- Automatic rollover of membership from calendar year to calendar year
- Email reminder of automatic billing of credit card – 1 week prior to release date
2014 Wine Shipments (Quarterly Release-Day-Wednesdays – Party!)
- FEBRUARY 12
- MAY 7
- AUGUST 13
- NOVEMBER 12
Each release-Wednesday, James River Cellars will be throwing a PARTY, from 5 PM - 7 PM!
Swing by, pick up your wine, enjoy wine and food pairings, and mingle with the staff!
There will be a VIP Tour each release party, which will begin at 6pm.
Based on availability, VIP Tours will be given by at least one of the following persons of interest:
Winery Manager – Dr. Mitzi Batterson
Winemaker – James Batterson
Vineyard Manager – Sebastian Nagy
Things to remember:
- A person of AT LEAST 21 years of age must be present to sign for shipped wine, or UPS will NOT leave the package
- There is a 3 month grace-period for picking up wine orders from the Tasting Room, though at the end of the 3 full months, orders will be charged shipping and mailed out
- Every quarterly-release day (always a Wednesday), James River Cellars will be extending business hours and hosting a Wine Club Only party from 5 PM - 7 PM, with a VIP tour at 6pm
Ways to apply:
- You can find the sign-up document here.
- Print it, fill it out, and mail it to James River Cellars, 11008 Washington Highway, Glen Allen, VA 23059, or
- Print it, fill it out, scan and email it back to us @ email@example.com, or
- Print it, fill it out, and fax it to us @ (804) 550-9610, or
- Print it, fill it out, and return it to the Tasting Room, when you come for your next tasting, or
- Ask for a copy in the Tasting Room, and apply in person
Whether you choose Half-Mast, Full-Sail, or just to float around in your inner tube, celebrate those important to you, and enjoy the fruits of your labor (bad pun… had to, but you all helped this come to fruition).
See you around the neighborhood!